For more information about Ian and updates on his latest activities as Mayor of the City of Burlington, NC you can visit his official City of Burlington Mayor web page. Ian has just released his first book which features a collection of stories from the campaign trail and his time in office. It is titled, Four Pairs of Shoes, and is now available on Amazon.com.
Mayor Ian Baltutis, elected in 2015, is a 2008 Business Entrepreneurship graduate of Elon University. He has worked for businesses both large and small in roles that ranged from customer service to technology support to logistics and management. He also managed purchasing, logistics, and ERP system integration for Honda Power Equipment Mfg from 2007-2011.
Currently, he owns and manages Vibration Solution LLC, an American product design, and manufacturing company that he founded during his studies at Elon. Baltutis is a strong supporter of American manufacturing. He founded his company around the idea of turning the standard business model upside down and creating a company that is lean, efficient and nimble. His foresight and leadership have allowed the company to reach and profit from hundreds of niche markets that other companies cannot serve.
Today, his company competes on a global scale while continuing to create local jobs. He regularly lectures to students and business professionals of all ages around the country about the future of international business, innovation, the maker movement, careers for social good and the power of the Internet.
Baltutis is an Eagle Scout who believes in always giving back to his community through service, leadership, and philanthropy. In his free time, he can often be found tutoring math and science for 4th and 5th graders at Alexander Wilson Elementary, volunteering with Elon University students and alumni, advising start-up entrepreneurs, and mentoring youth through the local Boy Scout Venture program.
He loves the open road and exploring the United States on our nation’s backroads and historic highways. Baltutis enjoys tinkering in the garage. His project from the last 10 years has been the careful restoration of a 1974 MGB GT Pepsi Pace Car that he found in a barn in Minnesota. He also loves maintaining his daily driver, a unique lime green 2000 Honda Insight hybrid.
His other hobbies include wood working for which he won 1st place at the 2013 Heritage Craft Festival in Alamance County and 3rd place at the 2013 NC State Fair. Many people also know him as one of Burlington’s local home brewers. In 2009 he founded the East of Elon Home Brewing Cooperative and has since helped hundreds of people learn how to brew at home. His passion for brewing lead to his current involvement in founding the Burlington Beer Works cooperative brewpub project. He and his wife Kristina Baltutis enjoy gardening and hiking with their dogs. They can also often be spotted bicycling around the Burlington community.
- Vibration Solution LLC & Isolate IT Mfg – Co-Founder/Owner – 2007-Present
- Palmoro USA, LLC – Co-Founder – 2016-Present
- Burlington Beer Works Cooperative – Board President – 2013-2015
- Honda Power Equipment Mfg – Purchasing/Logistics/Supply Chain Management – 2007-2011
- Home Depot – Specialty Sales – 2006-2007
Professional Degrees & Certifications:
- BS Business Administration: Entrepreneurship – Elon University; Minor – Communications and Journalism – Elon University – 2008
- Six Sigma Black Belt – Alamance Community College – 2010
- Six Sigma Black Belt – NC State University – 2011
- Six Sigma Green Belt – Alamance Community College – 2009
Community, Political, and Leadership Experience:
- Mayor of the City of Burlington, NC – 2015-Present
- NC Institute of Political Leadership Fellow & Leadership Council – Spring 2017-Present
- Leadership Alamance – Class of 2015
- Alamance Chamber of Commerce Member – 2012-Present
- Burlington Citizens Police Academy Graduate – Inaugural Class – 2013
- Alpha Phi Omega National Service Fraternity Advisor – 2008-Present
- Elon University Doherty Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership – Board of Advisors – 2012-Present
- Experimental Aircraft Association Member & Volunteer – 2002-Present
- Elon University Young Alumni Council – Development Committee Vice-Chair – 2011-2014
- Boy Scouts of America Venture Crew 379 – Venture Crew Advisor – 2009-Present
- Boy Scouts of America – Alamance District Camporee Chair – 2009-2011
- Triad Business Journal 2015 40 Leaders Under Forty
- Elon University Top 10 Under 10 Award 2010 – Recognizing the 10 alumni of the past decade for outstanding national achievement in both their professional field and community
- Golden Mousetrap Award 2009 – Reed Business Design News – For most innovative application of a new material in product design
- Eagle Scout
- Boy Scouts of America Order of the Arrow Founders Award
- Boy Scouts of America Order of the Arrow Vigil Honor